Vintage Oaxacan Distillery Pot, Large Planter
A large gallipot that embodies and emanates the primitive indigenous artisan culture from which it was created. Recovered and repurposed to be an authentic planter within your home. This oversized vintage jug is called a Tínaja Tee-nah-hah originally used by the indigenous people of central and southern Mexico to hold and distill a fermented alcoholic beverage, Pulque, made from the sap of the maguey plant(plant of the agave family). Hand-thrown from terracotta clay, this particular planter or pot has a tribal-style ring etched towards the top with a fluted neck.
What's Included: Planter and hand-forged iron stand / mount.
- Free Shipping Anywhere in the Continental US.
- One-of-a-kind authentic vintage planter. Estimated age: 100years.
- Once sold will not be available again.
- If container is being used as a for live planting, *please leave a message in the notes section at check-out so it can be properly prepared for use.
Dimensions and Specifications
- 24"h x 17"dia at the widest point.
- 32"h with base.
- 7"dia mouth(inner diameter)
- Weight- 35lbs Includes metal stand
- Large vase can be sealed for planting protection upon request. *At check-out enter request in "Notes" section / field.
Suggested Plants- Kentia Palm (young), Meyer Lemmon tree (young), Bougainvillea
Vintage Cone Planter
A planter / large vase to convey primitive indigenous culture and authenticity with your home. This oversized vintage jug was originally used by the indigenous people of central and southern Mexico to hold and distill...
Vintage Carved Wings, Sculptural Wall Art
A statement piece that represents all of the love, joy, and spiritual freedom that life affords. The carved wood floating wings are a set of two and the only of their kind. They are...
Antique Carved Wood Doors
Vintage barn door hand carved from Pine and Mesquite. This one-of-a-kind functioning door is just as much an original work of art as it is an architectural ornament. The 2 paneled...